Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Poetry and Spirituality

Hello Carnegie Workshop Classmates

I was inspired and armed with a little technical knowledge after a few days of thinking about of the ideas from the workshop, set up a blog!
I am using the blog initially to help me with obtaining information for a research paper on Thomas Merton. I will then use the blog for a more general discussion of poets, poetry and reflection of the spirit of the times as well as how poets reflect their own spirituality and life journey by writing poems.

Poets, as do other types of artists and writers, have a visonary role in their culture.

They need to speak the messages they perceive.
Society needs them to speak and to listen of course to the messages.

Thank you Carnegie Center - I enjoyed the workshop!
Claudia
The Poet Painter Seeks and Speaks!
http://poetryspirituality.blogspot.com/

1 comment: