Saturday, May 1, 2010

Blogging workshop, etc

I, too, appreciated the work shop and am trying to get started. One thing I found on line is "The Photography Blog Handbook" a 36 page manual designed for photographers but which is loaded with information that anyone who, like me, is trying to get started. It's put out by a subsidiary of Adorama, a photographic equipment and supply company (www.adorama.com). The website for the subsidiary is www.photoshelter.com. That manual is free and down;oadable

Anyhow, I'm hoping to use a blog as a supplement to my website (www.jessesisken.com) to keep people updated about my work and to offer details not included on my website. For those who might be interested, my website contains photos from the Greek Aegean islands, information about the novels that are set in those islands I am working on, as well as information about me and my background.

So, my question to you all is, are these reasonable goals and appropriate use of a blog.

2 comments:

  1. These sound like quite appropriate goals for a blog, good and tested uses. Having a blog in itself isn't magic, but it is one good tool you can use for sharing your passion for Crete and encouraging people to dive in with you by accessing your books. Thank you for posting the links and detailed information - also a wonderful use of a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rona. I'll keep you posted when (and if?) I get a blog of my own up and running.
    Jesse

    ReplyDelete